Every year it is the girls tradition to bake the pies for Thanksgiving and the boys brine and bake the Turkey! My husband is the chef at home, he cooks the most amazing food for our family dinners, so of course every year he makes his own turkey brine and bake recipe and it is mouthwatering! I am the baker of the family, I love making cake pops, decorating cakes, baking pies.. you name it! I love baking for kids birthdays, the holidays and just about any occasion I can!
Now that my daughter is older she has loved decorating the pies with me, she actually decorates her own pie each year now! So each year we try to do something a little different, come up with something new.. and this year is was mini cupcake pies!
What we loved about the mini pies was we could do 2-3 different flavors! This year we did cherry and apple!
All you need to make these is:
2 packages Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crusts
2 (21-ounce) cans pie filling, any variety
1 egg, whisked 1 cupcake tin
1/3 cup of powdered sugar (optional)
Cookie cutters (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Roll out your pie crust and use a large cookie cutter or any circular lid, and cut out about a 4-inch circle of dough. Press each dough circle into the bottom of a muffin tin cup, leaving a tiny rim of dough sticking out at the top. Repeat with remaining dough to fill all 12 muffin cups.
3. Fill each cup with pie filling until its almost full!
4. Use the remaining dough to create a top crust to cover each pie. To make a lattice crust, use a knife or pizza cutter to cut out strips of dough, then lace them together to form a lattice. You can also just cut circles and place them on top, or you can fancy them up with flower and leaf cut outs! This is where we have fun!
5. Brush the top of each pie with the whisked egg. Then bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden and the filling begins to bubble.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 to15 minutes. Then loosen the edges of each pie carefully and gently lift out from the muffin tin. You can serve them immediately or you can cover and refrigerate!
If you Make THESE YUMMY PIES I would love to share!
Just tag @every.day.kay on Instagram and I would be happy to share!
Thanks for reading the Everyday Kay Blog
Inspiring mamas with everyday life!
Crafts, printables, products, & more!
follow me on pinterest! just click below!